PRODUCT CODE : SBR 122
- SBR 122 is based on modified styrene butadiene latex supplied as a ready to use bonding agent in liquid consistency.
- SBR 122 is a single component white liquid, easily brush applied.
- SBR 122 is economical product, easy to use.
- Improves flexural strength.
- Hardness - Improves the hardness & prevents dust generation.
- Shrinkage - Reduces drying & aging shrinkage cracks.
WHERE TO USE:
- For concrete repairs : Fragmented concrete of floors, columns, beams, chhajas, slabs, parapets, etc.
- For waterproofing : Small roof terraces, sunken portions of toilets & bathrooms, chajja, lift pits & balconies.
- As a bond coat : For bonding of new concrete to old concrete, masonry stone work & plastering.
- For cladding : Fixing or re-fixing of slip bricks, tiles, stones & marble bedding.
- As external rendering : Weatherproof & frost resistant render.
- As bonding slurry coat for pinhole treatment on concrete surface
- Bonding -Bond strongly to concrete, masonry, stonework & plasters cementitious surfaces.
- Erosion & corrosion - Improves erosion resistance & prevents corrosion.
- Abrasion resistance - Improves abrasion resistance of the cement mix.
- Useful as waterproofing coat.
- Excellent bond to concrete plaster, masonry, stone work etc.
- Reduces permeability and increases strength.
- Excellent as cement modifier.
- Useful as a bonding agent between old and new concrete surfaces.
- Shrinkage - reduces drying and aging shrinkage cracks.
- Cost effective.
METHOD OF USE :
1. SURFACE PREPARATION
- Clean the surface with wire brush or scrubber to remove hidden dirt, loose particles, laitance & dust.
- Degrease the surface by using suitable solvents.
- Repair the fragmented concrete portion by saw, cutting the extreme edges of the repair location to a depth of at least 10 mm to provide strong bond.
- Clean the concrete surface to remove any contamination where breaking is not possible. Roughen the surface by light scrabbling or grit blasting.
- For priming of concrete substrate, the surface should be thoroughly saturated with potable water. Remove any excess of water prior to application.
2. WATERPROOFING COATING
- For a waterproofing coating mix SBR 122: Cement in the ratio 1:2 by volume.
- Mix for 2 to 3 minutes to avoid air entrapment. Keep on slowly adding cement to SBR 122 until the required consistency is achieved.
- Apply 2 coats of the mix by a paint brush in a span of 46 hours on the prepared concrete substrate.
- For a bonding primer coat of SBR 122, mix SBR 122: Cement in the ratio 1:1 by volume.
- Brush to apply a continuous coat of the mix on the prepared concrete substrate.
- Ensure to overlay the repair mortar when the bond coat is still tacky
4. REPAIR MORTARS & RENDERS
- A suitable mix ratio for patching repair mortar or render is as follows: Mix design Portland Cement: 50 kg, Washed sand: 150 kg, SBR 122: 67.5 kg & Water: 10000 ml
5. MIXING & APPLICATION
- A forced action mixer is essential (PAN Mixer) & recommended to ensure that SBR 122 mortar is thoroughly mixed.
- Use a suitable sized drum with heavy duty electrical drill machine fitted with spiral paddle mixer at slow speed of 400-500 rpm.
- Hand mixing is permissible only for 25 kg or less quantity.
MIX DESIGN USING SBR 122 :
Wide range of mix designs are recommended for different application using SBR 122
||Quantity of SBR 122
||Consistency & Thickness
| Patching and repair mortor
washed sand : 150 kg
water : 10 Liters
||6 - 7.5 kg
5-25 mm thickness
|PCC / Floor Screed
||OPC - 50 kg
graded & washed sand-75 kg
Coarse aggregates (6mm down size)
75 kg water - 10 Liters
||6 - 7.5 kg
10 - 40 mm
|Water proofing coating
||OPC - 50 kg
||OPC - 50 kg
|Slurry for pin hole
treatment & gouting
||OPC - 50 kg wtater - 5 Liters
PRECAUTIONS & LIMITATIONS :
- Recommended dosage to be followed to achieve desired results.
- When working in hot temperature conditions, extra water may be added to the repair mortar to compensate for the evaporation loss & make the mortar workable.
- Consume mixed material within 40 - 45 minutes.
- Do not apply coating over loose or cracked plaster surface
- Dilution of SBR 122 is not recommended.
- Do not exceed an addition of 30 -35% of SBR 122 for modifying concrete/mortars.
||Milky White, translucent, free flowing liquid
||SBR Latex (Styrene Butadine Rubber Latex)
|Sp. gravity at 22.5 C
|Coverage (SBR-122: Cement in 1:2 ratioI in 2 coats, as a waterproofing slurry coat
||2-22 m2 for the mix od 1 kg of RSEAL SBR 122 and 2 kg of(OPC) cement
Available in 500 ml, 1 liter & 5 liters.
- As a waterproofing coating 22-25 square feet./kg in 2 coats
- As a mortar modifier 6-7.5 kg of SBR 122 per 50 kg of (OPC) cement
- As a bonding agent 45-50 square feet /kg per coat
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE :
- Best before two years from the date manufacture when in sealed pack and stored under proper condition.
- Store in a cool & dry place in unopened condition away from direct sunlight.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
As with all chemical products caution should always be exercised.Protective clothing such as gloves and goggles should be worn. Treat any contact to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately. Should any of the products be accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting but call for medical assistance immediately.
This information intended only for general guidance in the application of our products. Because of the large number of possible methods of application and processing, we are unable to accept responsibility in anyone particular case or application.
All product information's & application details given by Riya Chemy & its agents has been provided in good faith & meant to serve only as a general guideline during usage. Users are advised to carryout tests & take trials to ensure on the suitability of products meeting their requirement prior to full scale usage of our products. Since the correct identification of the problems, quality of other materials used and the on-site workmanship are factors beyond our control, there are no expressed or implied guarantee / warranty as to the results obtained.
Riya Chemy does not assume any liability or consequential damage for unsatisfactory results.